Saturday, May 22, 2010

Resolutions Update

So far the cooking at home is going GREAT! Sean and I are making our own breakfasts, lunches and dinners. It really is so nice being allowed this luxury. Back home we were both so busy (since we were both working) that we barely were able to grab something from the freezer and put it in a frying pan. It is such a treat to be able to pick fresh foods and know that they won't go to waste.

Yesterday we went to Queen Victoria's Market, a HUGE open air market and picked out steaks for dinner. Sean did a great job with them on the grill. We also got some incredible cheese, deli meats and fresh bread from a baker. The market was really hectic but it was a good experience and everyone had been telling us to check it out.

In terms of being active and going to the gym I'd deem this week a success!! It's Sunday morning and I'm going to go to the gym because Sean is going to a bar to watch the Celtics game (It's Saturday night in the US). I had a 16k+ step day on Friday when I went to a shopping center that was far from our apartment, the pedometer is great motivation.

After talking with a friend who also uses a pedometer it seems impossible that the average person who goes to work can log anywhere close to 10K steps per day. It's insane. It's a struggle for me some days and my only job is to walk, I don't have a car and I have the time. I can't wait until Brady is out so we can walk together. 45 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment