Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday Funday

My last post (Sunday) stated that I was going to the gym and Sean was going to watch the Celtics game - strike both of those things out. My gym isn't open on Sunday and the bar that Sean thought would be playing the Celtics game didn't have ESPN. To make matters worse it was a gorgeous day and every single person in our town was out and about with their dogs. I had a moment of tears and missing Brady but quickly got over it, I'd be visiting him tomorrow and we should focus on the positive!!!

I suggested that we take a walk to the park near our house. I had been wanting to show it to Sean and there are a ton of trails, one that even goes all the way into the CBD (15km). We were feeling adventurous and decided we'd walk to the CBD, get lunch and then get the train back. The beginning of our walk was great, aside from the HILLS. There were tons of people out on bikes, running, speed walking, it was a great day for a walk in the park.

We ended up walking for a good two hours & did something around 8km (after getting a bit off course). We decided to get lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant in the neighborhood where we landed. Sean found the restaurant in his "Cheap Eats" book & he ordered what they suggested to order. I ordered "Lemon Chicken" which was in the stir fry section. Sean's meal was amazing - lots of veggies, flavors, etc. My meal looked like fried chicken in a slimy, yellow sauce that was the exact color of Brady's pee. I assumed stir fry meant it included vegetables and rice but the only thing on the plate was the chicken. It tasted okay but I was thoroughly disappointed because I do this all the time (order the worst thing on the menu). Sean decided that when we had dinner that night (we were meeting some of his colleagues in the CBD) he'd order for me.

As we left the restaurant and headed for the train I looked at my pedometer and saw that I had logged a little over 8,000 steps - WHAT?! How could we have been walking for over two hours and I only took 8,000 something steps?! Was my pedometer broken? I don't understand how this could be true - OR how any human being can get close to 10,000 steps on a daily basis. I walked a mile and a half to the gym today, walked around town, walked to and from the bus stop, up and down the stairs, and have only logged 7,028 steps today (it's currently 7:30pm).

Is 10,000 steps a realistic and attainable goal? I am still going to strive for it, especially on days that I don't go to the gym but I am not going to stress to0 much.

No comments:

Post a Comment