Friday, May 21, 2010

Updates from last weekend

I have been meaning to do a post on our trip th the Yarra Valley and a Wildlife Sanctuary all week but I just haven't gotten to it.

Here are the updates:
  • We saw kangaroos!!! Finally & they are SO cute!
  • Koala bears are adorable..
  • I LOVE Dingos! I know they get a bad wrap but they are such interesting animals (and they look like dogs)
  • Tasmanian Devils are over rated.. They look like fat skunks
  • The Birds of Prey show we saw was amazing - but MORE amazing was that every parent there thought it was a GREAT time to feed their small children lunch. The birds flew so low that they could have snatched the sandwiches out of the crying kid's hands.
  • Wallabies are cute too, they sort of look like mini kangaroos.
  • We took a bus with a group of people from Sean's job and the bus had to stop on the way there because it overheated. At the end of the night we needed a jump start - so it was quite an adventure.
  • I like port! We went to a wine tasting and I tried port that was amazing!
  • Our Aussie bus driver sat with us at dinner and told Sean he should take me to the Queen Victoria Market (huge open air market that sells everything from food to souvenir items) because I'd be like a "Pig in Shit" - normally this kind of saying would offend me but coming from this guy I thought it was hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment