Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No Promises..

So... I think we can all agree that I really am NOT a good blogger. In fact I have pretty much given up on keeping up the blog on the regular. I may post or I may not & I apologize. Part of the problem is that I get really overwhelmed with trying to chronicle everything. Anyway.. we had a FABULOUS trip back to the US in August & when we came back it has been CRAZY!

While we were still in the US we found out that there was an issue with the owner of our apartment freaking out because he suspected we have a dog. The guy who was staying with Brady brought along his HUGE dog and basically didn't clean up after him & the owner was in the building and smelled the mess in our patio. We denied having a dog, blamed it on the kid & all was good until I was LITERALLY walking into my second interview with Random House Australia and the phone rang. The owner was standing outside of our apartment and heard Brady barking.

So.. the next week was basically hell. When I wasn't stressing over the job interview Sean and I were dealing with the reality that we might have to move. The owner was NOT happy and there was a good chance we'd be moving out. Luckily all ended well! Not only did we NOT have to move but I got the job!! Thank you to Sean for posting on Facebook before the contract was sent to me! In the end the visa worked out and everything is good.. In fact I had my first day this passed Monday.

The weeks leading up until my first day of work were pretty much consumed with doing everything possible to get the apartment in a good place and finding a dog walker for Brady. There were a lot of errand run, pictures hung and "dog dates" for Brady. We found a great service that will pick him up every day and bring him to a park with a group of other dogs, he went twice last week while I was here and came home EXHAUSTED! So we are thrilled!

Day one at work was amazing. The people in the publicity department at Random House are some of the NICEST people I have ever met. The girl who is training me is SO sweet she gave me a hug at the end of the day. I feel so lucky to have such a great opportunity and I'm very excited about learning about Australian authors that I may not have heard about.

Today was my second day and my alarm clock didn't go off, it's on my new phone and the phone died during the night. It was going to be a rocky day. I literally showered and got ready in 20minutes. Before leaving I had to tape a spare mailbox key to our mailbox and leave my keys in there for the dog walker (the building owner won't give us an extra set of keys).. It was Sean's lucky day because he had gone to the beach to surf and decided to bury his keys without drawing a map to find them (he couldn't contact me because my phone was dead) but he was able to get in b/c of the spare in the mailbox.. Major crisis averted.

I heard from the dog walker that all was good with Brady so that was a relief but I was still concerned because he hasn't been alone for a whole day since quarantine and we're letting him have free reign over the apartment while we are at work so I didn't know what was going to be waiting for me when I got home. I got home and Brady had thrown up all over our bed and chewed through our duvet cover.. But.. he hadn't gone to the bathroom in the apartment..

Anyway.. it is now 7:30pm on Tuesday night and I'd love to chat but all of my friends/family are fast asleep so I decided to do this blog post! It is all good here and there are plenty more stories but I'm not promising anything in terms of keeping up with them. I can promise that I will try though!! Just know that things are going really well but we do miss all of you!

2 comments:

  1. no pressure. don't worry! we're all just happy to get info that we do get. Totally random tip - use emails you send to other people/ general them up - and cut and paste! :) It works every time and then you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

    ReplyDelete